Friday, May 2, 2008

Upstate NY

Yes, this is 4 posts in a row. A blogging binge you might say. This blog is feast or famine, folks. Here's our trip to upstate NY! Our first stop was in Palmyra, a town rich in church history. This is the Joseph Smith log cabin.
This beautiful vintage high chair caused me to immediatly covet. I really wanted to steal it. Too bad stealing is against our religion! Oh, so is coveting. The Smith Family home. I think this is the first picture on this blog without Luke. A momentus occasion!
Here is the Sacred Grove where Joseph Smith prayed and saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It was so special to see where Joseph lived and walk where he walked. He went through so many trials to restore the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Next, we stopped at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, the birthplace of buffalo wings. Joe has been dreaming of this place since he was last here, 15 years ago. Luke especially liked the wings. No, we did not really let him eat buffalo wings. What kind of parents do you think we are, anyways? It's just a posed picture, sheesh!

This is outside the Anchor Bar...One proud papa. Our final destination was...Niagra Falls. Thanks to our friend, Miggy, for the tip to bring our passports to go to Canada. Good thing we did bring them, because our hotel was in Canada and we didn't even realize it until we got there.

This is the view from our hotel room. Sweet, huh? Can you belive they let you get so close to the Falls? Feels like you are about to fall in, doesn't it? So amazing and beautiful.

Luke was all smiles!

6 comments:

Ryanne said...

Hi Stacey!
Kevin and I are talking about taking a trip upstate to Niagra. It looks beautiful!
We definitely have to get together. I am going to have an apartment-warming once we get settled- I will let you know when. Babies will be welcome- I really need to meet Luke. We aren't moving for a month or so- I'll let you know!
Ryanne

Tamara said...

Oh, it looks like so much fun:)

The Giles said...

Just got caught up on your blog. So I have a few comments. I LOVE that video of Luke laughing. What a cutie! And that bedding - I'm coveting. Do you know where you/your mom found that material?
Your trip looked fun. We did the exact same trip the summer we left NYC. Palmyra, Niagra and we even ate at the same place -original buffalo wings. If you ever want to make a trip to the Nation's capitol, our doors are open.

Tracy Haws said...

Joe and Stacey...Luke is absolutely the cutest dressed baby I've seen! You guys look so happy and wonderful and I wish I could be there to tell you in person. Joe, fatherhood suits you well!

Tracy

stacey said...

The fabric is from JoAnn's I believe the bumber fabric is called Old Hollywood and the blanket fabric is Crazy Eights, b/c it is 8 patterns in one bolt. They have different colors too! We got it in January, but you could probably still find it.

Amelia Hohl said...

Stacey,

I never saw that you posted a comment on Henry's blog. Thanks for looking! To answer your question about the zebra lines, I seriously studied zebras and found out that there are different breeds that all have different patterns, so I found one that I liked the best and I free-handed it while I looked at a different views. It did take a while, but it was worth it! You look so beautiful and your little Luke is absolutely adorable. We are coming out to Block Island in June so if we stop in the city we should meet at Saigon Grill or something. What do you think? Email me at ameliainitalia@gmail.com